- Include the tag banner in your post
- Link back to the creator of the tag ( LITAFLAME.BLOG )
- Thank and link back to the person who tagged you
- Forge your Fellowship Out of BOOK CHARACTERS by answering the given questions!
- Tag three bloggers to pass the ring to.
(Side note: I’m going to be difficult and answer these questions three different ways. #1 will be book characters, according to the rules. #2 will be MCU characters. #3 will be my own characters. Julia, I hope you didn’t mind me totally bending the rules. XD)
*Asterisked links are BookShop affiliate links, which means if you buy through them I earn a commission at no extra cost to you. And BookShop is awesome because it supports independent U.S. bookstores! A double asterisk means it’s an Amazon affiliate link.
1. [The Ring Bearer]: If you could choose, which of the four races would you be: Elf, Dwarf, Human, or Hobbit?
2. [Gandalf the Grey]: A wise/powerful elder/mentor character
- Either Halt from The Ranger’s Apprentice* or Brom from The Inheritance Cycle*. They’re close.
- Nick Fury.
- Kelss Niarryn from Studded.
3. [Aragorn]: A character with good survival skills
- Jessica Samuels from The Fire Rain Chronicles* by Miranda Marie.
- Steve Rogers/Captain America.
- Ammadeus Maste from The King’s Paladin.
4. [Boromir]: A character who makes mistakes, but has a good heart
- Nathan Barrow from The Fire Rain Chronicles by Miranda Marie. OR, OOH! Ishtaka from Vengeance Hunter by Hannah Heath. (I’m not sure if I should be worried about myself, since all of the PFW authors said she was the antihero they’d least like to meet out of that bunch…)
- Loki. #sorrynotsorry
- Catessa Regan from The Dark War Trilogy.
5. [Gimli]: A stubborn character
- Brom can have the mentor spot, ’cause Halt is going here.
- Spiderman. He’s not super stubborn, I guess, but he’s pretty insistent on helping when he’s told not to. XD
- Gosh, I have so many stubborn characters… I guess Rynn Aryon from The Masked Captain.
6. [Legolas]: A character who is talented
- Darn, I want Jessica Samuels again. Um… Jayel from The Terebinth Tree Chronicles by Hannah Heath**.
- Peggy Carter.
- Braedyn Carter from The Shades and the Elect. (That kid has soooo many talents, man.)
7. [Peregrin Took]: A character who at first seems useless, but ends up surprising you
- The best answer I can come up with is Peter Peter’s wife from Heartless by Marissa Meyer*. I tend to know when a character is going to be important or just isn’t, so it’s rare that an author is able to surprise me.
- See above. Maybe Everett Ross?
- Parr. Renate. Came out of nowhere just because I needed a character to play the captain of King Shordin’s guard, but made himself right at home with a full relationship arc. (From The King’s Paladin.)
8. [Meriadoc Brandybuck]: A character who is small/not very strong, but has great courage
- Leeli Igiby from The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson*.
- Steve Rogers before the serum.
- Prynn Nemea from The Shadow Raven.
9. [Samwise Gamgee]: A character who is extremely loyal and doesn’t give up