I first did this tag in October 2017, then again in August 2018, and now I’ve been nominated a third time. (Since the questions are always different, I’m totally okay doing this tag/award multiple times. XD) Thanks, Odelia, for the nomination! :)
Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nominations.
Ask your nominees 11 questions.
1. What’s your morning routine?
Ideally, I get up, read my Bible, pray, play Just Dance, and after all that get on with my tasks for the day. In reality… I tend to get up and go straight to the computer and go through all of my notifications and new email before moving on to the day’s tasks. :P
2. What’s your favorite book of the Bible and why?
I really like Philippians. There are so many good verses and good reminders in there, and it’s such an encouraging and uplifting book. My favorite verse is found in Philippians:
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
3. Describe your dream home
Brace yourselves. This could get long.
One of the main things I want in my future home is a lot of natural light–lots of wide open windows and that kind of thing. I want it to be a warm, inviting place, and sunshine contributes to that. The dining room would be big enough to comfortably seat a good amount of company (like, 6-10 guests?), painted light brown, with dark hardwood floors and one of those light fixtures that’s bronze with cream frosted glass. (Ridiculously specific, I know…)
Similarly, the living room is spacious and welcoming. Soft cream carpets, light brown/tan walls like the dining room, cushy seating, maybe a nice fireplace, plenty of floor space for competing at Wii games. XD
I’d like an office, with sea-foam-green/aqua/turquoise walls and white accents. I want it to have a light, airy, beachy feel. White carpet, again, and a white desk with plenty of space for the notebooks/binders/etc. I want to make easy-to-reach. Also bookshelves. Lots of bookshelves.
I really want a spacious yard. Some trees and maybe a creek would be nice, but the primary thing is that there’s a lot of space to run around, get away from the house if things get stressful without really leaving, that kind of thing. If it’s flat and good for running laps, bonus points.
Um… That’s all the important stuff, so I’ll stop here, lol.
4. Would you describe yourself as extroverted or introverted?
Well… I am an extrovert–I definitely get my energy from people–but I usually act like an introvert. I tend to be quiet and more observant than interactive. I stink at initializing conversation, which is something I’d like to get better at but I’m really struggling with. :P I love people, I love interacting with them and getting to know them and all that, I’m just really stinkin’ bad at it. XD
5. What’s your favorite pick-me-up?
MUSIC. Specifically, Owl City. More specifically, House Wren, Montana, and Hot Air Balloon. OH! And the Oreo Wonder-Filled Song. Steven Curtis Chapman is another artist I go to when I need a mood boost.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I feel like I’ve mentioned this before, for some reason, but there’s this one story that always comes to mind. My friend was hosting a movie night and I was the first to arrive, and his dad asked what drink I’d like, before he’d told me what the options were. I don’t like to answer questions before I know the options, but I mentioned liking cream soda and his dad said the closest thing they had was root beer. So my friend proposed that we mix root beer with milk and see if it came out tasting like cream soda. (It kinda tasted like an extra milk-tasting root beer float.) And then the friend took it a step further and added SUGAR to his, and it fizzed up SO. MUCH. XD
(I really haven’t done a lot of crazy things.)
7. Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
TEA. I can’t stand the taste of coffee. The smell is a different story, but I can’t stand the taste. :P
8. What’s your favorite animal and why?
A dolphin, I think? They’re really pretty, and powerful, and fast, and they’re water-related which makes them extra cool for some reason.
9. What is your dream job?
So… I actually have multiple dream jobs that I’d like to do side-by-side. First off, I want to be an author, consistently publishing books and impacting people with story and that kind of thing, and in conjunction with that I’d like to continue to encourage young writers as best I can. Secondly, I want to be a youth praise band leader. The church, music, and youth are all super important to me, as are mixes of the three, and I’d like to take that passion somewhere it can do some good.
10. What is your God-given vocation or calling?
*points to above answer*
11. What is your middle name, and what does it mean?
M’Kaela, which means “Who is like God.” My first and middle names together mean “Lion of God who is like God.”
11 Random Facts:
- I can never remember if the K in my middle name is capitalized or not.
- I have a second blog on the topics of church, music, and youth, but I ran out of concrete content early on so it’s no longer active–at least for the moment. It’s called Within the Static.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is no longer chocolate chip (which is what I said in August). It’s probably black cherry.
- Another thing that’s changed since August: I cut my hair! It’s now a little past shoulder-length.
- I also dyed my hair maroon. (With temporary dye.)
- I’ve read 11 books this year. (Don’t ask how. I have no clue.)
- My goal is to read close to 66 or 70.
- Hannah Heath is my favorite author.
- My favorite MCU superhero is Spider-Man (And no, it’s not just because he’s cute.) (Captain America is a close second choice.)
- My favorite DCU superhero is Wonder Woman, no contest.
- I’m actively working on four writing projects. I think. Two are novels, two are short story collections.
- Allie at Of Rainy Days & Stardust Veins
- Acacia at Acacia’s Story Corner
- Edna at Bleeding Ink
- Zoe at A Weirdo Who Writes
- Alabama at Alabama
- Evelyn at The Rain-Drenched Writer
- Jenna at Jenna Terese
- Rayne at Grape Arbors and Wildflowers
- Leila at Wildflowers and Cosmic Tea
- Bella at The Pen and the Pages
- Frances at Of Enchantment and Escape
11 Questions for Nominees:
- What’s your favorite color to wear?
- If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
- What’s your favorite thing about your current project? (Writing project, art project, music project, school project, etc.)
- What’s the story behind your blog name?
- If you were to dye your hair, what color would you dye it?
- What book are you most excited to read this year and why?
- What’s your favorite thing about your blog?
- What’s your favorite book of the Bible and why?
- What’s your favorite Bible verse and why?
- What’s your favorite thing to write? (Fiction or non-fiction.)
- Skittles or M&Ms?