Jenna Terese did this tag last month and left it open, so I’m going to snag it. Thanks, Jenna! I’m not sure who originally created it, but it was a YouTube tag to begin with.
. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
1. Do you have a book with tattered edges?
Tattered edges? No. Beat up edges? Yes. (Dreamtreaders, The Search for the Shadow Key, The Final Storm, and Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson, Dracula (a used copy), The Seer and the Sword by Victoria Hanley (also a used copy), and Eragon by Christopher Paolini, likely among others.) Deckled edges? Also nope.
2. Do you have a book with 3+ people on the cover?
Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye. I haven’t gotten around to reading this one yet.
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Spindle by Shonna Slayton, as well as three books of Norse mythology, Fairest by Gail Carson Levine, The Beast of Talesend by Kyle Robert Shultz, The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles by yours truly, Heartless by Marissa Meyer… etc.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Isle of Fire by Wayne Thomas Batson.
5. Do you have a book with a title that beings and ends with the same letter?
The Dressmaker’s Secret by Kellyn Roth.
6. Do you have a mass market paperback book?
The entire Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
I’m not familiar with which authors do or don’t use pen names, so I’m going to cheat a little and say Short Story Collection Vol. 1 and The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles by R.M. Archer. Oh! And I think Women of Kern by Maris McKay.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name on it?
Fawkes by Nadine Brandes. Also Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales of the Slayer Vol. 1 by various authors, The Rise of the Wyrm Lord by Wayne Thomas Batson, Dear Jamie, Love Rory by Micaiah Saldana, etc.
9. Do you have a book with two maps in it?
The Girl of Ink & Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
No. Though I can point you toward several that should be turned into TV shows. (Buffy: Tales of the Slayer was based on the series rather than the other way around.)
11. Do You have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (Celebrity/Athlete/Politician/TV Personality…)
Not that I know of.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
Dreamtreaders by Wayne Thomas Batson.
13. Do you have a poetry book?
I do not.
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Isle of Fire by Wayne Thomas Batson has Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards stamp on it.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
I can only find two authors on my shelf with the same last initial as me, much less two matching initials. I didn’t realize R surnames were so uncommon (at least on my shelf).
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
Women of Kern by Maris McKay, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales of the Slayer vol. 1 by various authors, Short Story Collection Vol. 1 and The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles by R.M. Archer, Wingfeather Tales by Andrew Peterson, and Four by Veronica Roth.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages?
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer has 505 pages.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve. From what I can tell, Peter Jackson ruined it.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
No. I wouldn’t mind having one or two in the future, though.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
Project Canvas (edited by Caroline meek and Olivia Rogers), Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cory McCarthy, Buffy: Tales of the Slayer vol. 1, and maybe one or two more.
Allie at Of Rainy Days and Stardust Veins (you’ll have fun with this one. ;D)
Leila at Wildflowers and Cosmic Tea
And whoever else would like to do it!