I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award a fourth time (the second time this year). I was actually nominated way back in February by Catwing, but I’m only just now getting around to answering the questions. :P Anyway, let’s do this. :)
Acknowledge the blog who nominated you for this award.
Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. What is the first book you remember reading?
I don’t really remember reading any of the books I read when I was a lot younger, but I know one of my first favorite books was Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey.
2. First book you remember writing?
I’m going to assume “book” is a loose term here, lol. I wrote a really short mystery story (because that’s what I was into reading at the time) with no original characters and a really creepy ending (looking back), lol. I also immediately swore off writing mystery as its own genre because said story stank. XD
3. Do you prefer Winter or Summer?
SUMMER. I get cold super easily (I’m pretty much cold as soon as it drops below 70 degrees. It’s kinda ridiculous), so I much prefer the heat to the cold. Plus there’s no snow to deal with, there’s no school, camp happens, and my birthday is toward the end of summer.
4. Glitter. Is it shimmering innocent sparkles or the parasitic bane of existence that wants your skin?
THE BANE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE. IT. NEVER. LEAVES. KILL IT WITH FIRE.
5. Would you rather have a phoenix or a dragon?
Phoenixes are super cool, but I think I’d rather have a dragon. I imagine they’d be easier to ride.
6. Which one of your characters is most likely to break through the fourth wall and find you?
Well since Solem regularly breaks the fourth wall in his storytelling, I’d imagine he’s most likely. And since he’s one of the characters who has least reason to be mad at me, that’s pretty good for me, lol.
7. Would you rather have a bow and arrows or a knife?
Ooh, can I have both? No? Darn. Mm… See, they’re good for very different things. I’m actually decent with a bow (I discovered this at a renaissance fair Sunday), and I’ve always thought archery is super cool, but you can really only use that at range (unless you want to ditch the bow and stab people with the arrows). The knife is really more versatile, because you can throw it (something I found Sunday I’m terrible at), you can use it in close combat, and you can use it for non-combat stuff like cooking and woodcarving and all that jazz. I could maybe even use it to make myself a bow and arrows. ;) So I’d say a knife is the better choice.
8. Do you keep a candy stash or eat candy when you get it?
Both? I have a stash, but I tend to go through it really quickly.
9. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever made?
I think my early writing is pretty crazy… I didn’t really understand relationships, which made things… interesting.
10. How did you get interested in writing?
It basically just stemmed from my love of reading. I decided, “Hey, what if I tried to do this?” and so I did, and it was a ton of fun and I haven’t looked back, lol.
11. Do you like writing/drawing/working with music?
YES. I always have some sort of music playing. I can’t debate something with music on, unfortunately, and sometimes normal discussions are also slightly difficult, but in general I can do just about anything with music playing and that’s my preference.
11 Random Facts
- As a general rule, I prefer the company of guys to the company of girls. I’m not entirely certain why, I just do. I also generally prefer male characters to female (and yet a bajillion of my own characters are female…)
- The band Cimorelli is my current obsession.
- I have yet to see Endgame (and honestly I’m a little nervous… but not because of the deaths because I’VE SEEN SO. MANY. SPOILERS. and honestly no one I really care about dies, so…)
- I didn’t care much for Captain Marvel (a.k.a. my initial prediction upon seeing the trailer was correct)
- I have no poker face. My emotions are constantly showing on my face. However, if I’m intentionally bluffing then I can have a bemusing half-smile that serves as my poker face. (Just ask anyone I’ve played Mafia with at camp. XD)
- I’ve somehow read 35 books this year.
- I can’t believe I’ve gotten through 7 of these facts already and only recycled one from a previous award.
- My favorite things about camp can be summed up as: “It’s challenging, but feels like home.” (My favorite things are everything.)
- Clothes and food are the two things I’m most uncreative with in stories. I just have a ton of trouble with them, for some reason. (And my characters tend to eat way too many pastries.)
- I’ve finished about 24 short stories (not counting the “novels” I wrote when I was younger) to varying degrees.
- I’m currently working on memorizing three songs: Church Clap by KB and Lecrae, Home by Vanessa Carlton, and King of the World by Young Rising Sons.
- Rae Marie at Ozark Mountain Cailins
- Maya at Maya’s Magic Musings
- Angela at A Peculiar Messenger
- Tabby at Courage on the Front-Lines
- Anna at A Storynerd’s Life
- Claire at The Overactive Imagination
- Dawn at Rosy Dawns and Radiant Musings
- Rosalie at Penprints
- Hallie at Hallie Jenkins
- S.M. Metzler at A Tea With Tumnus
Questions for Nominees:
- Which of your characters is most likely to break through the fourth wall and find you?
- What’s next on your reading list?
- What are you most creative with when it comes to writing?
- What’s your current favorite song? (Or album or artist, if song is too difficult. XD)
- What do you think of plaid?
- What style of music is your favorite?
- If you could snap your fingers and be instantly best friends with any three celebrities, who would you choose?
- If you’re an author, what’s your favorite thing about writing?
- Are you obsessed with anything right now?
- What would your first act as queen of the world be?
- Would you rather be a pirate or a ninja?