I’ve been tagged once again. This time, thanks are in order to Chalice of Lionhearted Art. Thank you, Chalice!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions
- Ping back to the creator: Ellyn of Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers to do the tag
1. Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?
I answered the first half of this in my last tag post, so I’ll just quote that:
I don’t remember why I initially started my blog (probably just because my mom had a blog and I thought it would be cool to have one of my own), but when I revamped it in August of 2017 it was to start building a platform for my books and to help other young authors.
I keep blogging for pretty much the same reason I started in 2017: to share my books, to help other young authors, and to connect with all of you wonderful readers and bloggers. :)
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Probably worldbuilding-related posts. Worldbuilding is one of my favorite parts of the writing process, so I really enjoy writing about it.
3. What are your top three favorite blog posts?
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Listen to music, dance, read, stargaze (when weather permits), find a trail and go for a walk, bake… And this is probably weird, but washing dishes is pretty relaxing to me.
5. What are three of your favorite things?
Music, dark chocolate, and books. (The full list is a lot longer, but these were the first three off the top of my head.)
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
After my redesign in 2017, readers said the blog looked very professional, which made my graphic-designer side very happy. XD Or just yesterday when I got a comment on my Slave of the Sea review appreciating how honest the review was. Honest reviews are super important to me (especially on indie books, which I think tend to see some positive bias), so I’m glad I’m providing them effectively through my blog and Goodreads. ^-^ (My Slave of the Sea review was actually quite positive, in case you were wondering. XD)
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Reading, singing, dancing, writing… theological conversations often fall into this category, too; easygoing discussions mainly exploring different theological ideas and discussing their biblical basis are really fun. More in-depth arguments tend to be less a leisure activity. ;P
8. Describe your personality in three words?
I have one?
Totally kidding. XD But I do find it really hard to pin down my personality, and I tend to take on other people’s expectations of me.
I guess I’ll go with…
- Observant (of people much more than my surroundings, lol)
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
1. People mis-correcting grammar. I haven’t seen this happen a whole lot, but it’s super annoying when your grammar is correct and someone tries to change it to something incorrect. Like changing the proper form of “they’re” to “their.”
2. Nail filing. I can’t stand the sound of it, and my sister has this tendency to file her nails right behind my head even though she knows that. She generally moves if I ask her to, but it bugs me. XD
3. When someone sings the same few bars of a song over… and over… and over… and over… and over again. and never. moves on.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
Probably a lot of things. I tend to inadvertently not mention things about myself and then people are surprised when they come up. XD But… I will semi-frequently slip into a British accent when talking to myself. And then sometimes I get stuck and can’t switch back to American until I’m talking face-to-face with someone and it magically disappears. XD
Allie at Of Rainy Days and Stardust Veins
Leila at Wildflowers and Cosmic Tea
Edna at Bleeding Ink
Evelyn at The Rain-Drenched Writer
Ruby at The Sea Calls Us Home