PFW is releasing another anthology, so you know I jumped on it. I’m super thankful to have gotten another of their ARCs, and this one is quite possibly my favorite yet. It’s definitely their best anthology yet, and if they keep improving their quality at this rate I’m going to have to create a six-star rating or something. XD Anyway, into the actual review. (And here’s the necessary disclaimer that even though I got an ARC I wasn’t required to give a positive review and this is all my honest opinion.) Continue reading “Book Review: Of Myth and Monster by The Phoenix Fiction Writers”
We’ve survived another month of 2020 and we’re one month closer to the monster year being over. So let’s look back on it, shall we?
August 22nd marked the completion of my Calligraphy Guild rewrite! Continue reading “August 2020 Wrap-Up”
After being disgusted by a review yesterday that celebrated a YA book synopsis “teas[ing] a dark eroticism so often lacking in YA,” I decided to put together a list of books (and authors) that need more attention for their cleanliness and/or positive values. So here we are. (A handful of these are actually found in the adult section, but I’d be comfortable handing them to a teenager and I read them as a teenager myself. Others are technically middle-grade but are of a quality that they can be enjoyed by people of all ages.) Continue reading “Recommended Reads”
An assassin trainee fleeing his profession.
A princess risking her reputation.
A talking ship with a mad captain. Continue reading “Book Review: Ships, Secrets, and Survivors by Helena George and Sarah Rodecker”
It’s time for another pair of tags! This time, thanks are due to Felicity at The Wondrous World Around Us!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. Thanks again, Felicity!
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
1. What was the most interesting quirk that you ever gave to a character you created? Continue reading “The Liebster Award #8 and Sunshine Blogger Award #5”