Parr is a character who popped up uninvited in chapter 4 of The King’s Paladin and immediately caught my attention, partially because he sprung into existence with a full character arc, backstory, and relationship arc with Coraline (i.e. he’s the most fully-formed character to ever just show up). He’s the son of two Mandorian advisors and captain of King Shordin’s private guard. Enjoy his interview! Continue reading “Character Interview: Parr Renate”
I tried to think of something other than apple-picking, but I’m 99% sure Coraline’s fall tradition is apple-picking with the other kids she grew up with. It started when they were little and their mentor Eliot was still around. Usually Gabel and Coraline were the only two actually picking apples because the other four were getting into some sort of trouble and Eliot had to keep them from hurting themselves. Or each other. After several years the four just stopped coming altogether.
What is your main character’s favorite fall activity?
Coraline loves apple-picking. She loves apples, as mentioned in the previous prompt, and she enjoys being outdoors and hanging out with people she cares about (or hanging out by herself). She finds the crisp air refreshing, and the company more so.
Preptober Prompts is finally here! Before we start there are a few things I want to go over to make sure things go smoothly, but I’ll only go over these once so you’re not reading them every day, lol.
- It’s totally okay to use Preptober Prompts all on your own. I know I’ll be emphasizing the social aspect of things, but if you don’t want to share, that’s fine. One of my goals with this is for writers to connect with and support one another, but the main goal is to get your creative juices flowing and get you prepped for NaNo, so if sharing isn’t your thing that’s totally fine.
- If you share Preptober Prompts on your own blog or social media, please link back to the original post and add the link to your post at the bottom of this post.
- If you’re using Twitter, you can tag me (@R_M_Archer) instead of linking back, and don’t forget to use #PreptoberPrompts.
- Subscribe to the other hosting blogs (Of Rainy Days and Stardust Veins, Ozark Mountain Cailins, and Wildflowers and Cosmic Tea) so you’ll be immediately notified when the prompts go up for weeks 2-4!
- You can find all of the prompt images here.
This week’s category is characters, so take a minute today to briefly introduce your character before diving into the prompt. Coraline Seralen is the king’s Paladin, which means she’s extremely powerful and carries an enormous responsibility to protect her king and country. It’s a burden she doesn’t really want. She’d rather be a healer, helping and protecting people through medicine, since it’s more physical and manageable. Continue reading “Preptober Prompts Day 1”
I’m doing something a little bit different with this post and interview two characters together, because their characters lend themselves well to that and I think it’ll be fun. Wren and Juniper (June) are twins, expert swordplayers, and pretty much polar opposites when it comes to personality. They’re rarely seen apart, mostly because June is overprotective. I hope you enjoy their interview. :) Continue reading “Character Interview: Wren & June Lorne”